Partner Agreement Considerations
The agreement that you have signed with SinglePlatform requires you to update SinglePlatform's data every 24 hours. To do this, our partners make use of our /locations/updated_since end-point, which you can learn more about here.
By passing in, as a URL parameter, the date tag of the previous day, you will be returned a list of all SinglePlatform IDs that have been added or updated in that time period. You can also retrieve this list of updated locations by making use of our very simple command line script to pull down a local file of all our newly added/updated locations since a given date. You may download SinglePlatform's updatedSince script here and its ReadMe file here.
- If the SinglePlatform ID returned to you has already been mapped on your side, then we require that you re-ingest and update the existing data for that location and its menu / photos.
- If the SinglePlatform ID returned to you has not been mapped on your side, then we require that you map it to an existing location in your database and ingest the location / menu / photo data accordingly.
- If the SinglePlatform ID returned to you has not been mapped on your side, and you are unable to find a match in your database, then we require that you add the location to your database and ingest the location / menu / photo data accordingly.
Please note that if you are pursuing a JSON integration of our menu data, SinglePlatform's disclaimer, attribution image, and attribution image link are all exposed through our REST API. We require that you pull the values of these attributes and implement these elements somewhere on the menu.
In addition to 24 hour updates of our existing data, our agreement does require you to match our newly added locations at least once every 15 days. To make this task of matching easy and effective, we have developed a robust matching service that allows our partners to match against our locations database using up to seven different methods. View the documentation for our Matching API here.
In addition to the API, we have also built a Python Script that allows for bulk matching. Download this script here.
- You can see the usage by running this command:
python match_locations_by_name_address_phone.py --help
- And here's the basic command for you run matching:
python match_locations_by_name_address_from_csv.py --input=<your_input_csv_file>
- Your input CSV file must include the following column headers: Business Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip, Phone
Beyond the 500k menus that we currently offer you, SinglePlatform also makes available over 1mm merchant-uploaded photos. Our Photos API enables you to retrieve photo URLs for all photos uploaded by merchants to SinglePlatform's database. All of the photos retrieved through this API have been manually curated, tagged with a photo category, and checked for quality and appropriateness. So long as you abide by our requirements stated above around matching frequency, adding new locations, and attribution below our menu data, we allow our publishers to display or redistribute our photos however or wherever they like. View the documentation for our Photos API here.
Using the same SinglePlatform ID that you use to pull down menu, photo, and location data, you can now query for available actions (food ordering, gift cards, deals, booking, etc) to enable your consumer to close the loop at the moment of high intent. As you'll see, we also have a Œnearby' end-point so that you can surface actions on all of your pages, even if the respective listing does not yet have an action of its own. View the documentation for our Actions API here.